Back to shop

Bollinger La Grande Année 150cl 2007

12% abv

Bollinger’s white-golden colored 2007 La Grande Année Brut is an assemblage of 70% Pinot Noir and 30% Chardonnay from 14 crus (mainly Aÿ and Verzenay for the Pinot Noir and Avize, Cramant and Oger for the Chardonnay) that was entirely fermented in barrels and aged under natural cork for more than eight years (disgorgement date: November 2016). The wine displays a very clear, fine and complex bouquet of ripe (apricot) fruits and pink grapefruit along with chalky, toasty and almond/nougat notes. Highly elegant, fine and pure but complex on the palate, this is a full-bodied and well-structured Grande Année with a long, intense yet dry, salty, beautifully clear and cleansing finish with lingering citrus flavors and a persistent mineral structure. This 2007 is still young, but its elegance, finesse, freshness and promising complexity are fabulous. Drink now and over the next 12 to 15+ years. Tasted May 2018. – Stephan Reinhardt, The Wine Advocate #237, June 2018

Grande Année (vintage): When Bollinger believes there is an exceptional harvest, they will produce their prestige Champagne Grande Année (“great vintage”) designed to express the character of the vintage. The house will select the best wines, cru by cru, 75% of the fruit is from Grand Cru sites, the remaining 25% from the finest Premier Cru.Bollinger did not make 2006, prefering instead 2007, a more austere year which certainly suitsa this house style and will age very well.

£175.00inclusive of Duty and VAT

Limited stock, only 2 remaining

Founded in 1829 by Jacques Bollinger, Paul-Joseph Renaudin and Admiral de Vilermont, the company came into it's own in the 20th century with Lily Bollinger at the helm. Bollinger's signature style was delveloped during Lily's tenure and it's rich, oak-aged, Pinot dominant style has many dedicated fans.

Reference #:
14064
Strength
12 ABV
Bottles per Case
6 bottles
Grapes
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir
Organic
No
Biodynamic
No
Vegan
No
Vegetarian
No
Sparkling
Yes

What do I pay for delivery?

Shipping is free on all Duty Paid UK orders over £150 and £190 for Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly.

Orders under £150 are charged a flat rate of £6.95 incl. VAT for all deliveries.

Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly.

Orders under £190 are charged flat rate of £12.00 incl. VAT for all deliveries.

All stock bought from Bond will be charged at delivery cost as quoted by the bond. As this varies dependent on the location of the wines and ultimate destination this will be quoted to you at the point of billing for VAT and duty.

Where do you ship to and when will it arrive?

We use leading carrier DPD, providing a Track and Trace Next Day Service.

All orders confirmed by us before 12 noon will be eligible for next day delivery. Exact delivery date is dependent on collation of your order and will be confirmed to you in a subsequent email from you order confirmation.

Deliveries are normally between 09.00 and 17.00 Tuesday to Friday and a signature is required on receipt of delivery. (We do not ship on a Friday for Monday delivery unless specfically requested to do so).

If you are out a card is left, with an instruction to call the local depot to re-arrange delivery. Alternatively you can inform us to “leave safe”, “leave with a neighbour”, “leave in garage” etc. and we will pass this information onto the courier. Please remember that, in accordance with our Terms & Conditions, alcohol will only be left with persons over 18 Years Old.

A shipping confirmation email will be sent when your order has been processed and shipped. You will be sent a text with a delivery time slot and a consignment number along with instructions on how to amend this if required.

We use Mailsafe packaging and double walled cardboard boxes for secure shipping of all bottles. Clear labelling marked FRAGILE is applied and all our despatches.

UK mainland deliveries are overnight from confirmation of despatch with the exception of the following postcodes where deliveries are made on a 2 to 5 day service from despatch : 

IV 3 to 11, IV14 to 28, IV 40 & IV 51 to 54, IV 63. KW 1 to 3 & KW 5 to 14. PH 33 to 41