Warm and rugged, Talisker is the Isle of Skye in liquid form. Distilled on the southern shores of Loch Harport, Talisker dates back to 1830 when the farming tenants of Talisker House, Hugh and Kenneth MacAskill, leased a bit of land and a found a good use for an abundance of barley, peat and, of course, water.
In 1894, The Talkisker Distillers Co. Ltd was founded and, four years later, merged with Dailuane-Glenlivet Distillers and Imperial Distillers to create the Dailuaine-Talisker Distilleries Ltd. In 1916 the company was bought over by a consortium made up of the Glasgow brokers and blenders W.P. Lowrie & Co., John Walker & Sons Ltd and John Dewar and Sons Ltd, ultimately ending up in the hands of what is now known as Diageo in 1925.